4 Port RS232 USB 2.0 to Serial Adapter with Optical isolation - Surge Protection
The USB2-4COM-SI-M USB to RS232 Serial Adapter is designed to incorporate Optical Isolation and Surge Protection with an industrial-grade metal case to ensure your computers safety. The USB2-4COM-SI-M can connect to a USB host port or USB hub to add 4 new serial communication ports to your system.
USB2-4COM-SI-M Isolated and Surge Protected Adapter
Plug and Play and Hot Plug features and adapts easily to new technology.There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port doesn't require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The RS232 port functions as native Windows COM port, it is compatible with Windows serial communication applications with each port individually configurable.
USB 2.0 RS232 4-Port Serial Features:
- Adds four industrial RS-232 serial ports with optical isolation by connecting to a USB host port.
- 2000V DC optical isolation / 25KV ESD surge protection
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- SECC metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- Full RS-232 modem control signals and hardware/software flow control
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- 128 byte transmit FIFO & 384 byte receive FIFO
- Non-standard baud rates supported
- LEDs for Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 25KV
- Terminal power adapter of 5V, 2A provided
- Easy Plug and Play installation and RS232 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- Supports Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000 and Linux
This USB to Serial adapter provides instant connectivity to RS-232 communication devices for factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminal and serial communication in harsh environment and is suitable for remote access applications requiring high speed RS-232 communication ports.
Your computer is well protected, since the surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link. Each serial port is individually protected by surge protector to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD. Surge suppression on all signals prevent from damages caused by lightning or high voltage.