BeagleBone Black USB Expansion Cape RS232 I/O Module
Expansion cape for BeagleBone
The USB-2COM-BB is a plug-in RS-232 cape designed for the developers and users of BeagleBone and BeagleBone Black. The USB-2COM-BB BeagleBone RS-232 cape provides two high-speed RS-232 serial interfaces, two high-efficient USB 2.0 ports and one Micro SD card reader.
The two RS-232 ports are located to the side of the cape with two 90-degree 10-pin connectors. Two IDC flat ribbon cables with D-Sub 9-pin male serial connectors are provided with the cape to connect the two 10-pin serial connectors. The flat ribbon cable provides the convenience for extended connection of serial devices.
he flat ribbon cable provides the convenience for extended connection of serial devices. This dual RS-232 cape is designed to allow any other capes to be stacked above it without interference mechanically. When there is a need to add four serial ports, user can just stack two USB-2COM-BB modules over BeagleBone and BeagleBone Black.
When the USB-2COM-BB plugged to the USB port of BeagleBone or BeagleBone Black, the two serial ports, two USB ports and the Micro SD card reader are automatically detected and installed. The USB-2COM-BB board is designed with GL852G USB2.0 MTT Hub controller to expand the single USB port on BeagleBone Black and BeagleBone to two USB 2.0 ports for USB connection.
The USB-2COM-BB cape is a high-speed dual RS-232 ports/ dual USB ports /Micro SD reader cape that provides to BeagleBone Black and BeagleBone’s developers a cost-economical expansion I/O module to add two serial ports, two USB ports and one MicroSD card reader for their development.
BeagleBone Expansion Cape Module Features
- Fully compatible with BeagleBone Black or BeagleBone platform
- Adds two high speed RS-232 serial ports via USB connection
- Each serial port provided 384 bytes receive buffer and 128 bytes transmit buffer for high speed data throughput
- Each serial port communication data rates up to 1 Mbps.
- Connector: two DB9 Male connectors via IDC flat ribbon cable
- RS-232 data signals: DCD, RxD, TxD, DTR, GND, DSR, RTS, CTS, RI
- Two downstream USB 2.0 ports with over-current detection and protection
- Each downstream USB port supports 5V 500 mA power for external high power USB devices
- Individual port power management
- Supports USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 transfer speeds from 1.5 Mbps to 480 Mbps, automatic link and speed detection
- Plug-and-Play; no software or drivers required
- Supports SD specification v1.0 / v1.1 / v2.0 / SDHC, up to 32GB
- Compatible with SDXC, Up to 2TB
- Micro SD card reader with 480 Mbps USB 2.0 transfer speed
- CE, FCC approval
|Connectors||DB-9, USB A Male|
|External Interface||USB 2.0|
|DB9 Gender||Male (pins)|