FTDI Eight Port USB RS-232 Serial Adapter Industrial USB to Serial
The USB-8COM USB eight port serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB serial adapter instantly adds eight RS-232 serial communication ports to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB eight serial adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug and-play and hot plug features.
Plugging the USB Eight Port Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports do not require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The USB Eight Port Serial Adapter is self-powered and does not require any external power adapters.
The USB Eight Port Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity with modems, ISDN TAs, PDAs, handheld & pocket PCs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers. It is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial applications, data collection and other applications requiring high speed RS-232 serial communication ports.
- Adds eight RS-232 DB9 serial ports by connecting to a Single USB port
- Rugged plastic housing with built-in LED status indicators for TxD and RxD
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- Full RS-232 modem control signals and hardware/software flow control
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- Non-standard baud rates supported
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 10KV
- Powered by USB port, no external power adapter required
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-232 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
|Compatibility||All Operating Systems|