FTDI Indistrial 16-port RS-422/485 Adapter Optically Isolated
The USB-16COMi-M USB to 16-Port Serial Adapter is designed for industrial applications to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB 16COM Serial Adapter instantly adds sixteen RS-422/485 serial communication ports to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features.
Plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports don't require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is self-powered, and has built-in switching power supply of 100V/240V (input) inside the chassis. The adapter is with DIN rail bracket for industrial environment. The adapter can be also mounted to a 19 inches rack, and the rack mount kits are included with the adapter.
The USB 16COMi-m Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity with modems, ISDN, TAs, PDAs, handheld & pocket PCs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers. It is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial applications, data collection and other applications requiring high speed RS-422/485 serial communication ports.
Complete drivers support Windows XP, 2003, 2000, ME, 98, Vista, Win7, 64bit.
- Adds sixteen RS-422 or RS-485 serial ports by connecting to a USB port
- No need to open chassis to set operation modes-sixteen external DIP switches for easy RS-422, RS-485 mode settings
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- SECC metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
- RS-422 data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
- RS-485 4-wire data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-
- RS-485 2-wire data signals: Data-, Data+
- Automatic transmit and receive control for 2-wire RS-485 half-duplex mode
- Built-in termination and biasing
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- Non-standard baudrates supported
- LEDs of Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 10KV
- Built-in switching power supply of 100V~240V
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-422/RS-485 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- Supports Windows 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000 and Linux
- Standard 19-inch, 1U rackmount chassis
|Compatibility||, , , , ,|
|Connectors||DB-9, USB A Male|
|DB9 Gender||Male w/ Hex Nuts|