USB to 16COM Serial Adapter Rack-Mountable for Industrial Applications
The USB-16COM-RM USB to 16-Port Serial Adapter is designed for industrial applications to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB 16COM Serial Adapter instantly adds sixteen RS-232 serial communication ports to your system.
By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features. Plugging the USB Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports do not require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is self-powered, and has built-in switching power supply of 100V/240V (input) inside the chassis.
The adapter is with DIN rail bracket for industrial environment. The adapter can be also mounted to a 19 inches rack, and the rack mount kits are included with the adapter. The USB 16COM Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity with modems, ISDN TAs, PDAs, handheld & pocket PCs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers. It is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial applications, data collection and other applications requiring high speed RS-232 serial communication ports.
Features & Specifications
- Adds sixteen industrial RS-232 serial ports by connecting to a USB port
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- SECC metal chassis with both DIN rail brackets and rack-mounting kits for flexible mounting
- Full RS-232 modem control signals and hardware/software flow control
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- 128 byte transmit FIFO & 384 byte receive FIFO
- Non-standard baudrates supported
- LED indicators of Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 10KV
- Built-in switching power supply of 100V~240V
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-232 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- Standard 19-inch, 1U rack mount chassis
|Compatibility||, , , , ,|
|Connectors||DB-9, USB B Female|