USB to Octal RS-232/422/485 Adapter Metal case with DIN-Rail
USB-8COMi-RM USB to Octal RS-232/422/485 Adapter Metal case with DIN-Rail - Designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple using plug & play installation. It is installed as a standard COM port with full modem control signals & data signals supported. The adapter is self-powered, and has built-in switching power supply of 100V/240V (input) inside the chassis. The adapter is designed with eight external 4-pin dip switches to set RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. Each port can be independently set to RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485, depending on your requirement in application.
The USB-8COMi-RM supports serial port speeds up to 230,400 bps or 921,600 bps depending on the model with 384 byte receive / 128 byte transmit buffering. A USB cable included for connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Serial Adapter instantly adds eight RS-232, or RS-422, or RS-485 serial communication ports to your system by taking advantage of the USB bus.
The USB to 8-Port Serial Adapter makes it easy to add serial ports and serial devices to your system even when there may not be one originally and incorporates hot plug features. The adapter is automatically detected and installed with no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports don t require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The USB-8COMi-RM USB to Industrial I/O provides industrial solution requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance. Complete drivers support Windows XP, 2003, 2000, ME and 9x.
The adapter is with DIN Rail Bracket for industrial environment and can be also mounted to a 19" rack, the rack mount kits are included with the adapter. Termination and biasing option are available for data transmission lines.
The USB-to-Octal RS-232/422/485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code scanners, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, PC to PC long distance communications, ATMs and serial communication in harsh environments.
USB-8COMi-RM Features & Specification
- USB-8COMi-RM Adds eight RS-232, or RS-422, or RS-485 serial ports
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- Full RS-232 modem control signals
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- RS-422 data signal: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
- RS-485 data signal: 4-wire: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx- 2-wire: data-, data+
- FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer 384 byte receive buffer
- Serial port speed up to 230K bps Eight DB9 male connector
- Full hardware and software flow control
- Automatic transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS485 half-duplex operation
- ESD surge protection (15KV) Monitor
- LEDs of Power, TxD, RxD indicating power & port status
- Four external dip switches for easy RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 mode settings, no need to open chassis to set different modes -
- RS-232 mode: OFF, ON, ON, ON -RS-422 mode: 4-wire with handshaking ON, ON, ON, ON -
- RS-485 mode: 4-wire full duplex ON, OFF, ON, ON -
- RS-485 mode: 2-wire half duplex with echo ON, OFF, OFF, ON -
- RS-485 mode: 2-wire half duplex without echo ON, OFF, OFF, OFF
Serial Communication Parameters:
- Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 7, 8
- Flow control: RTS/CTS Built-in 120 Ohm termination resistors for Tx/Rx/CTS termination Built-in 750 Ohm biasing resistor for Tx/Rx biasing
- USB cable of 0.9 meter included
- Built-in switching power supply of 100V~240V
- Easy plug & play installation and RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 device connection Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- SECC sheet metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
- COM Port Number can be changed to COM1 to COM4 to support Hyper Terminal, or any other COM port number required
- Drivers for the Windows operating systems are included on a CD-ROM disc.
OS Support Windows XP, 2003, 2000, ME and 9x. Linux 2.4.0 and later, OpenBSD 2.9 and later & FreeBSD 4.7 and later.
|Compatibility||, , , , ,|