USB to RS-232 Serial Adapter Converter CableMax Brand Prolific Chipset
This new CableMax Mini USB to Serial Adapter. This USB to Serial interface is transparent to serial GPS/PDA/POS/Etc. Devices, allowing Legacy DB-9 Serial Devices to easily interface with USB Compatible computers. The USB to 1-Port DB9 Serial Adapter from CableMAX is the perfect way to connect serial devices to laptops or PCs with no serial ports.
Many new laptops and PCs have at the most, one serial port. This is a problem when you have multiple devices with serial connectors! What happens when you have a digital camera and a PDA that you want to connect at the same time? The USB to 1-Port DB9 Serial Adapter is the answer to that problem. It is designed for connections to PDAs, digital cameras, modems, ISDN terminal adapters, or any other serial devices through your USB port. Since the adapter uses no IRQs, it is perfect for attaching several serial devices to your PC. And don t worry about transfer speeds; the USB to 1-Port Serial USB DB9 Serial Adapter supports data transfer rates of over 230kbps!
Our Serial Adapter Comes Complete with Short 24 Inch Extension Cable. The USB to 1-Port DB9 Serial Adapter provides you with the connections you need without the hassles. The plug-and-play functionality makes installation a breeze. The adapter is bus powered so no additional power source is needed. The light-weight design makes it perfect for the business traveler. Throw it in your laptop bag and be on your way! Features: Connectors: One USB A to 1x DB9 RS-232 Serial Male Port Cable length: 24 inches (cable is included)
Works with PDAs, digital cameras, modems, and ISDN terminal adapters Supports automatic handshake mode Over 230kbps data transfer rate Supports remote wake-up and power management 96 byte buffer each for upstream and downstream data flow Easy installation Gives you an additional RS-232 port and frees your existing ports for other uses No IRQs, no IRQ conflicts
NEW USB Serial Drivers for Prolific Chip USB Serial Adapters System Requirements PC running Windows 98SE/ME/2000/2003/XP Pentium processor 200MHz or above or equivalent CD-Rom Drive Labview USB, adaptor, usb adaptor, RS-232, USB to RS-232, RS-232 to USB, RS232, USB to RS232, RS232 to USB,cable, USB cable, USB to serial, serial to USB, converter, USB converter, adapter, Important Technical Information: THIS ITEM USES PROLIFIC CHIPSET. Unlike some other less compatible devices this item will convert any serial connection to USB port on your windows based NoteBook/Laptop/Desktop. It Even Includes a 24 Inch extension cable!
Additional Features & Specifications
- Adds one RS-232 serial ports by connecting to a USB port
- Plugin converter connecting to a USB port conveniently
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- Prolific chipset
- Package includes one 24 inch extension cable
- Full RS-232 modem control signals and hardware/software flow control
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- Non-standard baudrates supported
- LED status indicators for TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostic
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 10KV
- Powered by USB port, no external power adapter required
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-232 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port