USB to RS485/RS422 Converter FTDI CHIP with Terminals
Compatible with RS 422 and 485, GM-482422 photoelectric isolation interface conveyer can convert the single ended USB signal into difference RS-422 or RS-485 signal. The built-in photoelectric isolator can provide an isolation voltage as high as 2500 Vrms. Also, there is a rapid transient voltage suppression protector for protection of RS-422/RS-485 interface with advanced TVS(Transient Voltage Suppressor) technology.
Under normal condition the TVS tube is in a state oh high resistance. However, when both ends of the TVS tube are hit by transient high energy, the impedance at the both ends can be depressed by the TVS at very high speed, and after absorbing a high current, the voltage between the two ends is depressed and kept at a pre-set value, therefore no damage is caused to the electrical components behind by the transient high voltage impact.
The protector can effectively restrain lighting or ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) with a protection voltage of 600w on each line for lightning surge and transient voltage events, while transmission of RS-422/RS-485 is maintained by capacitors between the poles. The unique I/O circuit of the internal zero delay auto transceiver contained in the converter controls the data stream direction automatically without any handshaking signals (Such as RTS, DTR, etc).
The converter is plug-and-play without any jumper settings needed for mode shift between full duplex (RS-422) and half duplex (RS-485). The converter is applicable for all existing communication software and interface hardware.
For point-to-multipoint communication, as many as 32 devices of RS-422 or RS-485 can be connected to each converter, and a high data rate of 300bps to 321.6Kbps can be achieved. Power indicator light and dual data traffic indicator lights are also available with the converter for malfunction detection.
USB v. 1.0, 1.1, 2.0
TIA/EIA RS-422, RS485
- RS-485 Signals: T/R+, T/R-, GND
- RS-422 Signals: TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, GND
- Modes: Asynchronous, Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint, 2-Wire (Half-Duplex), 4-Wire (Full-Duplex)
- Transmission Rates: 300 to 921,600bps, automatic detection of signaling rate
- Load Capability: 32 devices in Point-to-Multipoint topology.
- Transmission Distance: RS485/422: 1.2km (all rates), USB: 5 Meters
- Interface Protection: 600W Lightning Strike and surge suppression, +- 15KV ESD protection
- Signaling Diagnostics: LEDs for POWER, TX and RX
- Dimensions: 62x33x19 mm
- Working environment: -40C to 85C, RH 5%-95%
- Chipset: FTDI FT232RL
Windows XP, 2000, 2003, CE, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8, 10
Linux and Mac OS 10.X
|Connector(s)||Terminals, USB A Male|
|Compatibility||, , , , , ,|